Monday, 20 July 2015
Turkish Delight shower smoothie
Before I started visiting Lush I hated rose scented products. I always felt it was a scent for, shall we say, the older woman. However, since becoming a lushie I have done a massive U-turn and it is now my all time favourite scent. This U-turn began when a Lush shop assistant was talking me through their range of shower products and she handed me the tub of Turkish Delight. I took a sniff and was transported to heaven. I explained to her how I have always hated the smell of rose and she said that my reaction is actually quite a common one because rose scented products that you find in other stores have a very synthetic rose scent however the products at Lush contain real rose oil and rose absolute which is extracted from top quality roses which are imported from Turkey. On smelling this shower smoothie I could not leave the store without it, so I bought a tub. It has now become one of my favourite Lush products ever.
To use this product I either scoop up a small amount in my hand and rub the smoothie directly onto my skin or I put a small amount into my shower puff. Both of these methods produces a wonderful lather and I find a little of this product goes a really long way. I probably only use 50 pence size blob to wash my entire body.
When you wash this off, it can make your skin feel a little bit greasy but don't panic once you enrobe yourself in your towel, this feeling completely disappears and you are left with baby soft, moisturized skin. Not only is your skin left beautifully moisturised, it is also beautifully scented. I find if I have a shower with this smoothie in the evening, I can still smell it on my skin the following morning and my bed sheets also smell of rose.
Just before writing this review I discovered this product is actually being discontinued (gasp!) And I thought "Oh my goodness, I need to stock up on this product, and fast" however I exhailed a sigh of relief when I discovered it is being replaced with the solid roulade version. I have never tried the roulade version but as soon as I can get my hands on some I will do a review for you guys, comparing the different formats. So glad they aren't getting rid of this product completely. I have heard the theory behind the new roulade version is that it requires no packaging and so it is better for the environment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

This sounds a great product - I'm definitely interested to know if the roulade version is as good (I didn't get on too well with the Dreamwash roulade).
ReplyDeleteAnd I was much the same with rose - someone gave me a rose-scented bubble bar for my birthday last year, and it smelt much more pleasant than other rose scented things from other shops! :)